Whole Genome Sequencing
Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) is rapidly becoming more affordable, and is a powerful tool to identify inherited disorders and mutations that drive cancer progression or for tracking disease risk.Inquire Online
Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) is rapidly becoming more affordable, and is a powerful tool to identify inherited disorders and mutations that drive cancer progression or for tracking disease risk.Enquire Online
Gene By Gene's whole genome sequencing service (WGS) allows for a high degree of accuracy in identifying variants across the entire scope of the human genome.
Using Next Generation Sequencing methodology, we provide sequence information that spans the complete genome, which is comprised of approximately 3.2 billion base pairs. In contrast to Whole Exome Sequencing, WGS provides sequence information spanning coding, non-coding, and intergenic regions as well as mitochondrial DNA sequences. WGS is able to capture potentially informative variants across the genome that would be missed by more targeted approaches.
We can provide sequencing data at a variety of coverage levels based on the needs of your project. Commonly provided coverage options for WGS include 30x, 60x, and 90x. We also offer Low Pass Genome options at typical coverage levels of 0.4x, 1x, 2x, or 4x. Alternatively, we are able to offer sequence information in terms of Gigabases of data. Please contact us to speak with one of our Client Services representatives to determine the best approach for your project. We will work closely with you for a truly collaborative experience so we can understand your needs and apply our expertise to provide you with the most meaningful results.
Gene by Gene will provide buccal (cheek) swab kits with each order.
Each test requires two buccal swabs which are included in each kit. This is the preferred sample collection method.
Gene By Gene will provide return packaging and a pre-paid shipping label.
* Shipping fees may apply to orders outside the United States.
If necessary, Gene by Gene can accept most DNA sample types, including:
- Extracted DNA: 20ul of 50ng/ul, OD260/OD280 ~ 1.8, include details of extraction method with samples
- Blood: 3-5cc drawn in EDTA (purple-top) tube
- Shipping: For all buccal and non-buccal sample types, ship at room temperature in an insulated container. DO NOT HEAT OR FREEZE SAMPLE
Raw Data – Results (raw data only - fastq files) are delivered to the customer via secure FTP or AWS S3 bucket and are stored by Gene By Gene for 30-60 days.
- For blood samples, please ship at room temperature in an insulated container. IT’S IMPORTANT TO NOTE: DO NOT HEAT OR FREEZE SAMPLE
- For buccal swab please follow shipping information provided
- Platform: Illumina NovaSeq 6000
- Results Delivery: Results are delivered via secure FTP transfer and are only stored by Gene by Gene for 30-60 days
- Analysis: There is no analysis. This product is raw data only
- Library Methodology: Twist Bioscience EF Kit 2.0
- Coverage: Commonly provided coverage ranges include 30x, 60x, and 90x. Low Pass Genome options are available with typical ranges of 0.4x, 1x, 2x, or 4x. Custom ranges can also be arranged, enquire for details.
10-15 business days
Inquire for pricing
Submit the adjacent Test Request Form and our laboratory will be in touch to confirm your inquiry.