Whole Genome Clinical Reporting
Easy to interpret Genome Clinical Reports provided by our Clinical Reporting business, myDNA.Inquire Online
Easy to interpret Genome Clinical Reports provided by our Clinical Reporting business, myDNA.Enquire Online
Whole Genome reporting is beneficial to understand a broad range of diseases and disease risk that may be of genetic origin. The myDNA report makes interpreting results easy so that clinicians can deliver meaningful results quicker. The report can be an effective test to identify the cause of the disease when clinicians are faced with a high degree of diagnostic uncertainty.
Benefits of Whole Genome Clinical Reports.
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology has become an invaluable method to support diagnosis of rare genetic conditions as well as to optimize an individual’s course of treatment for illness
- Whole genome sequencing (WGS) may be advantageous to whole exome sequencing (WES) as it is unbiased and evaluates both non-coding and coding regions of the genome
- WGS has the potential to identify single nucleotide variants (SNVs), small insertion/deletions (indels), copy number variants (CNVs) and structural variants (SVs) in both coding and non-coding regions
- WGS may be a follow up test should a WES test fail to identify the causative variant
Gene by Gene will provide buccal (cheek) swab kits with each order.
Each test requires two buccal swabs which are included in each kit. This is the preferred sample collection method.
Gene By Gene will provide return packaging and a pre-paid shipping label.
*Shipping fees may apply to orders outside the United States.
If necessary, Gene by Gene can accept most DNA sample types, including:
- Extracted DNA: 20μl of 50ng/μl, OD260/OD280 ~ 1.8, include details of extraction method with samples
- Blood: 3-5cc drawn in EDTA (purple-top) tube
- For blood samples, please ship at room temperature in an insulated container. IT’S IMPORTANT TO NOTE: DO NOT HEAT OR FREEZE SAMPLE
- For buccal swab please follow shipping information provided
- Platform: Illumina NovaSeq 6000
- Results Delivery: Results are delivered to the customer via secure FTP transfer and are stored by Gene by Gene for 30-60 days
10-15 business days
Inquire for pricing
Submit the adjacent Test Request Form and our laboratory will be in touch to confirm your inquiry.