DNA Biobanking is the secure storage of an individual’s genetic material for future analysis and testing for both research and clinical applications. This information can be used to inform your own healthcare decisions and those of future generations.Inquire Online
DNA Biobanking is the secure storage of an individual’s genetic material for future analysis and testing for both research and clinical applications. This information can be used to inform your own healthcare decisions and those of future generations.Enquire Online
Gene by Gene has been providing biobanking for nearly 15 years and provides the most advanced systems to extract the highest quality DNA from all specimens. DNA is stored in a secure location and can be withdrawn for future testing with your explicit consent.
Why is DNA Biobanking important?
- An important gift to your family and future generations to benefit from future advances in science and medical technology.
- A greater understanding of specific health conditions you or a family member may be at risk of, now and into the future.
- DNA biobanking can provide valuation information about your family’s health history, including the presence of inherited conditions or predispositions to certain diseases.
Gene by Gene will provide buccal (cheek) swab kits with each order.
Each test requires two buccal swabs which are included in each kit. This is the preferred sample collection method.
Gene By Gene will provide return packaging and a pre-paid shipping label.
* Shipping fees may apply to orders outside the United States.
If necessary, Gene by Gene can accept most DNA sample types, including:
- Extracted DNA: 20ul of 50ng/ul, OD260/OD280 ~ 1.8, include details of extraction method with samples
- Blood: 3-5cc drawn in EDTA (purple-top) tube
- Shipping: For all buccal and non-buccal sample types, ship at room temperature in an insulated container. DO NOT HEAT OR FREEZE SAMPLE
Inquire for pricing
Submit the adjacent Test Request Form and our laboratory will be in touch to confirm your inquiry.